– DR. Anil K. Garg, CEO, Energy And Environment Foundation.
TFT : What are your primary objectives for organizing 5th World Renewable Energy 2014?
Dr. Anil K. Garg : World Renewable Energy Technology Congress and Expo is an annual international conference organized since 2010 by the Energy And Environment Foundation with the support of Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, Government of India and UNESCO New Delhi, focused on innovation, technology and investment in renewable energy industry with the aim to:
- Provide an opportunity and open forum to exchange information, share experiences and best practices by bringing together experts, investors and other multi stake holders of public and private sectors, advisory groups, governments, NGOs, non-profit organizations, environmentalists and academia.
- Provide a comprehensive analysis of problems and prospects of renewable energy sources.
- Provide-in-depth assessment of regulatory framework.
- Provide an international window to showcase Indian expertise, capabilities in renewable energy sector.
- Promote global co-operation in business and technology.
- Provide an opportunity for interaction and networking.
- Find ways for optimal use of world’s energy resources for the benefit of mankind.
- Identify new areas for future co-operation and technology transfer.
TFT : What is the theme for 5th World Renewable Energy Technology Congress & Expo-2014?
Dr. Anil K. Garg : 5th edition of WRETC is focused on the theme “Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency: Empowering Sustainable Tomorrow” will be organized at New Delhi (August 21-23, 2014) under the chairmanship of Mr. Deepak Gupta, Former Secretary MNRE, Government of India to discuss Developers vision for future, Renewable Energy by 2030, Innovation – R&D in Renewable Energy, state solar policy to extract best policy mix and RPO of states in 12th five year plan, a part from international best practices in wind and bio-energy sectors. These are some of the new features of 5th WRETC-2014.
TFT : Who are the target audience, and how would they benefit from participating in the show? How many exhibitors and visitors do you expect?
Dr. Anil K. Garg : “Energy And Environment Foundation Global Excellence Awards” has been constituted to honor and recognize those who have made outstanding contribution and demonstrated excellence, creativity, innovation and applied best practices in energy industry. The Award will serve as a recognition and tribute to the winner’s professionalism commitment to demonstrated excellence in energy sectors.
TFT : How was the response in the last edition?
Dr. Anil K. Garg : The 4th World Renewable Energy Technology Congress served as an excellent energy platform for the global renewable energy industry to address various industry issues including innovations, new technologies, investment opportunities and project financing. A special Green Address in the Inaugural Function by Mr. John Hardy, Founder, The Extraordinary Green School, Bali, Indonesia was a new feature of this congress and was also a star attraction to the participants.
Mr. Oscar Fernandes, Union Cabinet Minister, Government of India delivered the inaugural address and highlighted the importance of promoting renewable energy, green technology for its sustainability. During the inaugural ceremony, Energy And Environment Foundation awarded the prestigious “Energy And Environment Foundation Global Excellence Awards 2013” in the Renewable Energy Sector. Energy And Environment Foundation conferred the Excellence Award to Mr. U. N. Panjiar, Chairman, Bihar Electricity Regulatory Commission; Mr. John Hardy, Founder, The Extraordinary Green School, Bali, Indonesia; Mr. Jens Burgtorf, Director, Indo-German Energy Programme (IGEN), GIZ; Dr. S. Gomathinayagam, Executive Director, C-WET; Dr. R. K. Malhotra, Director (R&D), Indian Oil Corporation Limited; Mr. Bruce N. Anderson, CEO, Wilson Solarpower Corporation USA; Mr. Suhas Bhand, Chairman, Organic Recycling System Pvt. Ltd.
TFT : How was the response to the 4th WRETC-2013?
Dr. Anil K. Garg : The 4th WRETC-2013 was attended by 268 of national and international delegates from Australia, Brazil, Canada, Finland, France, Germany, Indonesia, Israel, Italy, Netherlands, Singapore UK, USA. The congress brought together leading international and domestic players, policy makers, government officials and technocrats on a common platform. The concurrent conference sessions were comprised of interesting workshops, interactive panel discussions on “Green Corridors for Sustainable Tomorrow”, “Finance and Investment Opportunities in Renewable Energy Projects – Future Market Directions”, “State Solar Policies: Towards Self Sustaining Model”. The conference had served as an important gateway for worldwide new energy companies to access the Indian market to foster partnerships and collaborations with local players.
TFT : What are the highlights of 5th World Renewable Energy 2014?
Dr. Anil K. Garg : The highlights are:
- Thought Leadership Summit: “Renewable Energy – The Road Ahead”,
- Renewable Energy by 2030.
- Policy & Regulatory Issues : Solar & Wind – Road Map.
- Financing RE Projects: A Way Forward.
- Innovation – R&D in Renewable Energy.
- Capacity Building in Renewable Energy Value Chain.
TFT : How is the Foreign participation at 5th World Renewable Energy 2014?
Dr. Anil K. Garg : The response to 5th WRETC-2014 is very encouraging. Speakers and delegates from Australia, Canada, Chile, Denmark, Ethiopia, Finland, France, Gambia, Germany, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Uganda, UK, USA apart from key executive of many national Renewable Energy companies have confirmed their participation in the conference. Many students will also be attending.
Energy And Environment Foundation wish to expand its arm, globally in collaboration with international institutions to organise international conferences and expo to demonstrate, capabilities expertise and state-of-the-art equipments as well as quality services provided by Indian Renewable Energy industry at competitive rates globally.
TFT : Who are the major sponsors?
Dr. Anil K. Garg : Major Sponsors and Exhibitors are Solar, Wind, BioEnergy sectors. Bergen, Scania, Hero Future Energies, Oil India Ltd, Hindustan Power, GIZ, PCRA, Sunpower, Organic Recycling Systems Pvt Ltd, IREDA.
TFT : Who are your star speakers?
Dr. Anil K. Garg : Key Speakers are:
- Shri Nitin Gadkari, Hon’ble Union Minister of Road Transport & Highways and Shipping & Rural Development, Government of India
- Shri Piyush Goyal, Hon’ble Minister of State (Independent Charge) of Power, Coal and New & Renewable Energy, Government of India
- Dr. Upendra Tripathy, Secretary, Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, Government of India
- Dr. Gustav R. Grob, President , International Sustainable Energy Organization, Switzerland
- Mr. Rajinder Kumar Kaura, CMD, Bergen Group.
- Mr. Sunil Jain, CEO & ED, Hero Future Energies Pvt Ltd.
- Mr. Jens Burgtorf, Director, Indo-German Energy Programme (IGEN), GIZ.
- Mr. Ratul Puri, Chairman, Hindustan Power Projects Projects Pvt. Ltd.
- Mr. David Tai, Director, The BioCube Corporation.
- Mr. Chintan Shah, President & Head, Strategic Business Development, SUZLON Group of Companies.
- Mr. Mathias Steck, Regional Manager APAC, DNV GL-Energy, UK.
- Ms. Saruna Kunwar, Bharti School of Engineering, Laurentian University, Canada.
- Mr. Mats Denninger, High Representative for International Environmental, Technology Cooperation, Government Offices of Sweden.
- Mr. Dawit Firemichael, Dilla University, Ethiopia.
- Dr. Julio Terrados Cepeda, Professor, University of Jaen, Spain.
- Mr. Anders Grundstromer, Managing Director, Scania CV India.
- Professor Yasuyuki NEMOTO, Ashikaga Institute of Technology, Japan.
- Mr. Pedro Serrano, Director, Extreme Unit Architecture, Technical University Federico Santa Maria, Chile.
- Mr. Stéphane POUFFARY, Chief Executive Officer & Founder Honorary President, ENERGIES 2050, France.
TFT : What are the major events organised Energy And Environment Foundation?
Dr. Anil K. Garg : Energy And Environment Foundation annually organized two international conference & exhibition namely;
i) World Renewable Energy Technology Congress & Expo (August 21-23) same date and month every year at New Delhi, India
ii) World PetroCoal Congress & Expo (February 15-17) same date & month every year at New Delhi, India.