Meghna Porwal, Chief Assistant Editor spoke with Anil Reddy Vennam, President of The Federation of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh Chambers of
Commerce and Industry to know and share with TFT readers ; more on FTAPCCI and Andhra/Telangana as MICE destination and ‘India For MICE’.
TFT : Much obliged to you for precious time to TFT , on the off chance that you can expand in few words-about FTAPCCI?
Anil Reddy : The Federation of Telangana & Andhra Pradesh Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FTAPCCI) is an Apex Body representing Industry, Trade & Professionals in the State of Telangana & Andhra Pradesh. The chamber was started in 1917 as Chamber of Commerce representing the entire state of Hyderabad including part of present Karnataka & Maharashtra, which were the part of Nizam’s dominion. The year 1956 saw the formation of Andhra Pradesh and in the year 1958 the chamber was named as ‘The Federation of Andhra Pradesh Chambers of Commerce and Industry. The chamber is renamed as The Federation of Telangana & Andhra Pradesh Chambers of Commerce and Industry after the bifurcation of erstwhile
Andhra Pradesh into Telangana and Andhra Pradesh. FTAPCCI gradually evolved into an organization representing large, medium and small scale industries. It also represents wholesale, retail & small traders along with the professionals like chartered accountants, advocates & consultants. The major trade associations of Telangana & Andhra Pradesh are under the umbrella of FTAPCCI. FTAPCCI also conducts studies on various subjects
related to trade and industry and acts as a Knowledge Chamber. FTAPCCI has got a direct membership of more than 3000 & with its 160 association/chambers as members, the indirect membership is over 25000. Indeed, FTAPCCI is one of the largest state chamber in the Country
and has become an important forum for interaction between government and industry in a true global perspective. FTAPCCI shall be celebrating its Centenary Year in the year 2016-17.
TFT : That is quite good and eye opener data, in the event that you can likewise toss light on the objectives of the federation?
Anil Reddy : The objectives of FTPCCI but not limited to are here
- To promote, protect and consider all the issues connected with trade, commerce & Industry and initiate or support necessary action in connection therewith.
- To take steps necessary for promoting, supporting or opposing legislation affecting the interests of industry and trade by the Government or any local body or bodies and in general to take the initiative to secure the welfare of the business community in all respects.
- To provide advisory services on industry related to market information, financial options, Government policies and facilitate match making among local and international business partners.
- To conduct market research and opinion surveys, represent industry to Government on various policy matters, organizes various seminars and conferences, participates abroad in international events etc.
TFT : What are your Expectations from India for MICE event and plans to accomplish the objectives ?
Anil Reddy : Good question, the Expectations are :
- Make Telangana and Andhra Pradesh travel and tourism more popular and attractive
- Make the public gain more awareness regarding the importance and importance of travel and tourism
- Promote tourism destinations, facilities and amenities to national & international tourists And the Plans for achievements are :
- Offer world-class services for the tourists visiting the States.
- Generate employment with the tourism potential
- Make Telangana and Andhra pradesh a top most destination in India by attracting more domestic and foreign tourists.
- Increase the number of tourist arrivals and increase the length of stay of tourists.
- Enhance connectivity and improve environment, utilities and tourist services.
- Integrated development of high priority tourism infrastructure and
- create high potential tourism circuits.
- Identify the current gaps in tourism infrastructure and formulate development
TFT : Your Inputs/Comments on Telangana and Andhra to improve both as a MICE destinations?
Anil Reddy : We need to really work hard and promte both the states among international audience, India For MICE shall play important role to do so.
- Offer encouragement for innovative initiatives in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh tourism sectors.
- Protect the precious environment and natural resources, which are also assets for the future of travel and tourism
Tourism is a major phenomenon in the modern society that has emerged as a successful economic activity carrying immense global importance. There is hardly any other field of activity, which has so many people involved directly or indirectly. Tourism finds a niche for itself as an effective instrument in terms of generating employment, revenue, foreign exchange, enhance environment, preserving culture and tradition thereby resulting in overall development. Tourism is regarded as one of the world’s largest and fastest growing sectors and Telangana and Andhra Pradesh Tourism has grown leaps and bounds and is also gearing up further to achieve significant progress in the field due to many encouraging factors.