Global Exhibitions Day 2019 (GED19) celebrations are only seven weeks away. GED19 is actively supported by 41 partner associations and UFI, the Global Association of the Exhibition Industry, are inviting exhibition industry professionals all over the world to get involved and participate in this campaign to promote the industry.
Four main advocacy messages and related material are proposed to all for GED19:
- Exhibitions are a large global industry
- Exhibitions are an effective and sustainable way of doing business
- Exhibitions can contribute to a sustainable world
- The exhibition industry offers a variety of job opportunities
UFI will provide global and regional data related to the economic impact of exhibitions, highlighting the important contribution of exhibitions in terms of total output, contribution to GDP and jobs.
Furthermore, UFI is pushing the “talent” element and encouraging people to come up with initiatives such as “Follow-me” videos, and “Voices of the Exhibition Industry” messages.
UFI is also asking best practices to report on their contribution to the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDG).
UFI President Craig Newman says: “This is the 4th Global Exhibitions Day campaign, and it is our industry’s BIG day! Let us build on the success of the past three editions. I am sure that GED19 will send a strong signal to all policymakers and stakeholders of our industry on the power of exhibitions – for business as well as for people. And let’s not forget to also celebrate our wonderfully fascinating, great, diverse global industry.”
There are different ways to get involved in GED19:
- Visit www.globalexhibitionsday.org for the latest news and updates and to use the GED19 promotional toolkit (logos, visuals etc.)
- Activate your peers and colleagues, tell your bosses, and “think big”
- Plan an initiative that you feel best showcases the exhibition industry and/or your career in it. This can be a “Follow-me” video, a conference, a run… Or tell UFI about your career in the exhibition industry so we can create your Voices of the Exhibition Industry message. All videos relevant to GED19 will be added to the Global Exhibitions Day playlist at www.ufi.tv
- Share/ record/ take photos of all initiatives and on social media, and upload them to the GED Online Reporting Tool. The top 5 initiatives in the Tool will be selected for the Exhibition World/ UFI GED Awards
- Follow GED19 on social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube) and use it to motivate your colleagues and friends to get involved
GED partner associations:
The 41 GED partner associations under the UFI umbrella are: AAXO (South Africa), AEFI (Italy), AEO (UK), AFE (Spain), AFECA (Asia), AFIDA (Central & South America), AMPROFEC (Mexico), AOCA (Argentina), AUMA (Germany), CAEM (Canada), CEFA (Central Europe), CENTREX (Central Europe), CFI (Italy), EEAA (Australasia), EEIA (EU), EFU (Ukraine), EMECA (Europe), EXSA (South Africa), FAIRLINK (Sweden), FAMAB (Germany), HKECIA (Hong-Kong), IAEE (USA), IDFA (Germany), IECA (Indonesia), IEIA (India), IELA (Global), IFES (Global), LECA (Lebanon), MACEOS (Malaysia), MFTA (Macao), PCEI (Poland), RUEF (Russia), SACEOS (Singapore), SCEIA (China), SECB (Singapore), SISO (USA), TECA (Taiwan), TEA (Thailand), TFOA (Turkey), UBRAFE (Brazil) and UNIMEV (France).