Trial run on Delhi Metro Aqua Line : At last, a sigh of relief for visitors going to events & exhibitions in India Expo Centre at Greater Noida.
At last, a sigh of relief for visitors going to events & exhibitions in India Expo Centre at Greater Noida! The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (DMRC) has carried out a first ‘Test Run’ on its 29.7 km Noida – Greater Noida Corridor (Aqua Blue color) on 2nd January 2018.
It may be noted that ever since many of the exhibition organizers shifted their base from Pragati Maidan to India Expo Centre at Greater Noida, scores of visitors and even staff of exhibitors, have been facing extreme traveling difficulties to reach the venue of the exhibition. Hitherto they had to board a Noida-City Centre bound train and de-board at Botanical Garden station to take a onward bus or auto to the venue.
According to an official release, the Trial Run was flagged off by Dr. Mangu Singh, Managing Director, Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) Ltd. and Mr. Alok Tandon, Managing Director, Noida Metro Rail Corporation (NMRC) Ltd.
The train has been designed with ‘Aqua Blue’ color theme. Here are some of the key features:
1) The trains are designed to run at a maximum speed of 80 kmph (average speed 37.5 kmph) and will have 4 coaches with a total seating capacity of 186 passengers.
2) Adequate amount of seat reservation through different colored seats has been done in the coaches for ladies, Senior citizens and differently abled persons.
3) Each coach has ports for mobile and USB charging.
4) Each coach is equipped with four 37” LED backlit LCD displays called Dynamic Route Maps (DRMs). These DRMs have been installed to provide the necessary information, especially for passengers with hearing impairment. DRMs will display dynamic message regarding the operating route, current and next stations, information regarding interchange stations, direction of door opening and flashing of important / emergency messages.
5) For visually impaired passengers, Digital Voice announcements regarding train and route information and announcement of station will be made in both Hindi and English. Chime sound indicating opening and closing of doors is also in built.
6) The Operational Control Centre (OCC) can communicate directly with the passengers in case of important/ emergency announcements through speakers installed in each coach. Similarly the Train Operator can also communicate directly with the passengers through mikes.