Dr. Anil K. Garg, CEO, Energy And Environment Foundation
TFT : How do you think 6th WRETC & Expo 2015 will benefit the exhibitors, sponsors and the industry?
Dr. Anil K. Garg : World Renewable Energy Technology Congress and Expo is an annual international conference organized since 2010 by the Energy And Environment Foundation with the support of Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, Government of India and UNESCO New Delhi, focused on innovation, technology and investment in renewable energy industry with the aim to:
• Provide an opportunity and open forum to exchange information, share experiences and best practices by bringing together experts, investors and other multi stake holders of public and private sectors, advisory groups, governments, NGOs, non-profit organizations, environmentalists and academia.
• Provide a comprehensive analysis of problems and prospects of renewable energy sources
• Provide-in-depth assessment of regulatory framework.
• Provide an international window to showcase Indian expertise, capabilities in renewable energy sector.
• Promote global co-operation in business and technology
• Provide an opportunity for interaction and networking
• Find ways for optimal use of world’s energy resources for the benefit of mankind.
• Identify new areas for future co-operation and technology transfer.
TFT : What is the number of visitors , you expect at 6th WRETC & Expo 2015?
Dr. Anil K. Garg : The 6th WRETC-2015 expecting 350+ delegates from national and international delegates from Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Israel, Italy, Singapore, South Africa, UK, USA. The congress brought together leading international and domestic players, policy makers, government officials and technocrats on a common platform. The concurrent conference sessions were comprised of interesting workshops, interactive panel discussions on “Green Corridors for Sustainable Tomorrow”, “Finance and Investment Opportunities in Renewable Energy Projects – Future Market Directions”, “State Solar Policies: Towards Self Sustaining Model”. The conference had served as an important gateway for worldwide new energy companies to access the Indian market to foster partnerships and collaborations with local players.
TFT : Is this an annual event or a biannual event; please explain about the frequency and the cities?
Dr. Anil K. Garg : World Renewable Energy Technology Congress is an annually conference on 21st to 23rd August every year to be held at New Delhi, India. 6th edition of the WRETC will be held at Convention Centre-NDCC, Parliament Street, New Delhi, India.
TFT : Is this exhibition targeted only for International market?
Dr. Anil K. Garg : World Renewable Energy Technology Congress is conference-led-show with limited exhibition space.
TFT : Congratulations on organising 6th WRETC & Expo 2015 , what do you expect from this event to achieve ?
Dr. Anil K. Garg : World Renewable Energy Technology Congress will be an ideal platform for RE organization to project the up-to-date status of your commitment to Hon’ble Prime Minister of India in the MNRE Re-Invest Summit.
TFT : How can 6th WRETC & Expo 2015 create a positive outcome for the stakeholders of Aluminium India Expo?
Dr. Anil K. Garg : Make-in-India, Manufacturing Wind Turbines will be indentified in India.
TFT : What were the unique Learning and exhibitors/visitors feed back from the previous edition? How would you implement them for this year’s event?
Dr. Anil K. Garg : Many innovative product and services will be on display for the first time.
TFT : Any special message for our readers?
Dr. Anil K. Garg : It is duty of every Indian to contribute meaningful towards Energy Efficiency, Clean and Green Energy and Environment for sustainable development of the masses.