CII India Innovation Summit: AI to be single largest tech revolution in our lifetime
- The 14th India Innovation Summit organised by the Confederation of Indian Industry in Bengaluru saw the confluence of a host of personalities from diverse sectors with a unique mix of corporate leaders, entrepreneurs, government representatives, academia and general public. The two day conference, with the theme, ‘India.AI – Driving the Future for the World’, focused on building an ecosystem that fosters and propels innovation.
MSME Park dedicated to defence sector mooted in Vizag
- There is need for setting up an MSME (micro, small and medium enterprises) park in Visakhapatnam district dedicated solely to the defence sector, and the state government should pursue the matter, according to G.S Shiv Kumar, the convenor of the Confederation of Indian Industry MSME panel. He was speaking at a session on financing MSMEs, organised by the CII here on Tuesday. He said the state government was taking steps to set up one MSME park in each of the 175 Assembly constituencies in the state and at least one park in Visakhapatnam district should be allocated solely to defence units in view of the potential here.
E3 expo highlights virtual reality’s challenge: to get real
- Beyond the new game announcements and software improvements, if there’s anything that this year’s Electronic Entertainment Expo confirmed, it’s that virtual reality in the $116-billion worldwide gaming industry is here to stay. The platform is in its infancy — it’s been available for sale to the masses only for about two years — but it’s continuing to take giant steps.
NBCC gets in principle nod for India Pavilion at World Expo 2020, Dubai
- State-owned NBCC today said it has received in-principle approval from the commerce ministry to design and construct ‘India Pavilion’ at World Expo 2020 to be held in Dubai at a cost of Rs 400 crore. India is participating with the sub-theme of ‘OPPORTUNITY’ to showcase its growth story on a global stage, its strength and ample opportunities in space, aviation, defence, IT, pharmacy and biotechnology, etc. The World Expo 2020 is a global platform for countries to showcase their achievements and abilities.
Smart City Expo World Congress Will Break New Records in 2018 with the ‘Cities to Live in’ Theme
- Smart City Expo World Congress (SCEWC), the leading international event on smart cities and smart urban solutions is finalizing its 2018edition. From November 13thto 15th, Fira de Barcelona’s Gran Via venue will gather over 700 cities, 700 exhibitors and 400 speakers in what will be the best and largest edition of the show. With a new theme – CITIES TO LIVE IN – the event will underline the importance of setting as the main goal of all urban strategies to build more liveable metropolises for its citizens to live, work and thrive in.
Two-day Conference of Heads of AYUSH National Institutes begins in New Delhi
- A Two-day Conference of Heads of AYUSH National Institutes began (17-18 July 2018) at India International Centre in New Delhi. Vice Chancellors of various Health Universities, Directors of reputed research organizations and around 100 accomplished senior professionals from various national institutes including IIT, DST, DBT, and UGC etc. are participating in the conference. It is also planned to join hands together and sign MoUs with Sports Authority of India, Indian Institute of Technology for collaborative ventures.
Survey Confirms Hong Kong as Asia’s Exhibition Capital
- A newly released survey from the Hong Kong Exhibition & Convention Industry Association (HKECIA) shows that the administrative region’s exhibition industry performed well during 2017 despite fierce competition from new facilities in the region.
Key indicators of the survey, show that the number of exhibiting companies rose 5.2% year-on-year and the number of exhibition visitors rose 11.8% respectively.
Plexpo India Expo to be held 17-20 Jan’19 in Mumbai
- Plexpo India Exhibition, the 8th Plastic & Packaging Industrial exhibition will be held from 17th to 20th January 2019 at Bombay Exhibition Centre, Mumbai. Plexpo India is organized by Gujarat State Plastic Manufacturing Association (GSPMA), and Co-Organized by Radeecal Communications and supported by related Associations and Institutes in Plastic Industry.
TECHNOTEX 2018 concluded in Mumbai
- The seventh edition of TECHNOTEX-2018 concluded in Mumbai. Being India’s premier show on technical textiles, Technotex was organized by FICCI jointly with the Ministry of Textiles. The two-day conference and exhibition was attended by 350 delegates and over 7,000 visitors. This year’s theme of Technotex 2018 was ‘Technical Textiles: Transforming India, Building infrastructure for a New India.’
Y4D New India Conclave concluded in New Delhi
- Y4D New India Conclave was held at Vigyan Bhavan on New Delhi on 16th July 2018. The New India Conclave, one of the largest nongovernment outreach program focused on rural India and rural youth, was inaugurated by Prime Minister, Narendra Modi. It may be noted that Bollywood Celebrity, Akshay Kumar had unveiled the Nationwide Movement of New India Conclave on 1st May 2018 in Mumbai.